Debenhams was able to confidently launch the newly designed UIs knowing that the designs were suitable for their users. The designs went live within weeks and our client was satisfied.
Below is a summary of the key elements that have helped with enhancing the product.
For this project, we used a Scrum framework. Lead by our Scrum Master and our Product Owner, we attended sprints planning sessions, prioritised user stories and allocated points to each specific task.
We organised a series of workshops with our clients to foster knowledge sharing and add velocity to the project. The outcome and insights were captured and used to prioritise features design during sprint planning sessions. The insights would also be utilised to prepare, plan and inform user testing sessions in our lab.
The above graph shows a representation of a workshop outcome. I sometimes use this kind of artefact when a large group of stakeholders in involved. It usually adds clarity to the project.
Our wireframes were handed over with detailed annotations to the Visual Design team and to our development team.
We used our in-house facilities in order to run a series of user testing. We enhanced these sessions by making them collaborative, interactive and transparent by connecting the audio and the video facilities of the lab to our theatre room. The benefit was that we could have up to twenty stakeholders witnessing the sessions live and could also participate if they wanted to.
Straight after the user testing sessions, as a team, we gathered and clustered all the insights that had been written on post-it notes. The fact that the entire team had witnessed the interviews meant that the insights we had gathered were rich and offered refreshing and highly valuable viewpoints.